Boho-chic is a fashion style that has been getting more and more popular over the years. Better known as the bohemian style, this type of fashion is, simply put, all about being unconventional. Outfits which you’d normally never think of wearing, and different pieces you’d never thought you could match other are essentially the foundation of the bohemian style. If you’re interested enough, read on below to find some basic pointers of the bohemian fashion sense!
• Go with bold colours – the basis of the bohemian style clothing is being bold and confident. Bold colours are the best way to express this feeling; therefore, don’t be afraid of matching several bold colours together for your outfit.
• Patterns and floral prints are your friends – another staple of the bohemian style is patterns and prints. Being bohemian is being empowering, and loud patterns and prints are the best way to get the message across. Look for geometric patterns which easily stand out; as for prints, go for floral ones and any other which gives off the feeling of nature. Don’t be afraid of wearing large prints and patterns, and neither be afraid of matching up several prints and patterns for one outfit.
• Go a few notches up your usual size – bohemian style, while being loud, is never about tight, body-hugging outfits. It always is about relaxed clothing, and therefore, loose-fitting outfits. To do the bohemian style right, try to buy outfits with sizes larger than what your actual size – what you need is loose clothing that can be easily worn in layers.
• Oversized accessories – similar to the clothes, your accessories also need to be oversized and large. For example, you can try with some oversized Status Anxiety handbags – remember, don’t be afraid of making a statement! Even if you get looks at your enormous accessories, don’t think you’re wrong; you’re actually on the right track! Other accessories, such as eyewear and jewellery should similarly be large enough to stand out and make an impression. Earthy-feeling, large accessories are the ideal.
• Scarves – saying that scarves are an essential in any bohemian outfit is not an overstatement. Large, patterned scarves (or even plain ones, if they have bold colours) are easy to match with bohemian outfits – you can wear them on your head as headbands, normally on your shoulders, or even tie them on your waist.
• Relaxed hairstyles – lastly, with regards to hairstyles, the advice given to clothes and accessories can be applied in a way: your hair also needs to be relaxed, nothing too tight or which looks like it needed a lot effort to put up. Loose, messy braids or buns, or even your hair just as it this, are good hairstyles which match with the bohemian style.